Primary Mathematics Standards Edition Textbook 1B
|Dimensions||7.5 × 10.5 × 0.25 in|
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
- Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
- The glossary effectively combines pictorial representation with simple mathematical definitions to provide a comprehensive reference guide for students.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
- Comparing Numbers
Comparison by Subtraction
- Numbers to 40
CountingTens and OnesAddition and Subtraction
Adding Three Numbers
Counting by 2’s
Adding Equal GroupsMaking Multiplication StoriesMultiplication Within 40
Sharing and Grouping
- Halves and Fourths
Making Halves and Fourths
Telling TimeEstimating Time
- Numbers to 100
Tens and OnesEstimationOrder of Numbers
Addition Within 100
Subtraction Within 100
Bills and CoinsShopping
- Comparing Numbers
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd.