Primary Mathematics Standards Edition Textbook 1A
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
- Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
- The glossary effectively combines pictorial representation with simple mathematical definitions to provide a comprehensive reference guide for students.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
- Numbers 0 to 10
- Number Bonds
Making Number Stories
- AdditionMaking Addition Stories Addition with Number Bonds Other Methods of Addition
- SubtractionMaking Subtraction Stories
Methods of Subtraction
- Position Position and Direction
Ordinal Numbers – Naming Position
- Numbers to 20
Counting and Comparing
Addition and Subtraction
- Numbers 0 to 10
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd.