Primary Mathematics Common Core Edition Textbook 5B
Textbooks present new concepts and learning tasks for students to complete with educator supervision. They include practice and review problems, and are designed to be used alongside workbooks.
Features & Components:
- Mathematical concepts are introduced in the opening pages and taught to mastery through specific learning tasks that allow for immediate assessment and consolidation.
- The Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach enables students to encounter math in a meaningful way.
- Direct correlation of the textbook to the workbook facilitates focused review and evaluation.
- The modeling method enables students to visualize and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- New mathematical concepts are introduced through a spiral progression that builds on concepts already taught and mastered.
- Metacognition is employed as a strategy for learners to monitor their thinking processes in problem solving. Speech and thought bubbles provide guidance through the thought processes, making even the most challenging problems accessible to students.
- Color patches invite active student participation and facilitate lively discussion about concepts.
- Regular reviews in the textbook provide consolidation opportunities.
- The glossary effectively combines pictorial representation with simple mathematical definitions to provide a comprehensive reference guide for students.
- A curriculum map details where to find textbook content that covers each of the Common Core State Standards.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.
Table of Contents
Tenths, Hundredths, and Thousandths
Add and Subtract Decimals
Multiply and Divide Decimals by a 1-Digit Whole Number
Multiplication by Tens, Hundreds, or Thousands
Division by Tens, Hundreds, or Thousands
- More Calculations
Multiplication by a 2-Digit Whole Number
Division by a 2-Digit Whole Number
Multiplication by a Decimal
Division by a Decimal
Conversion of Measures
Volume of Rectangular Prisms
Finding the Volume of a Solid
- Average, Plots, and Graphs
- Angles, Triangles, and Quadrilaterals
Finding Unknown Angles
Finding Unknown Angles in Triangles
Finding Unknown Angles in Quadrilaterals
Writing Fractions as Percentages
Percentage of a Quantity
Grade Five Curriculum Map
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish Education Pte. Ltd.