Math Works Coursebook 5B
Permanently Out of Stock
Out of stock
Maths Works! is an instructional package written according to the latest Mathematics Foundation Syllabus set by the Ministry of Education in Singapore. This 2-level series is designed to meet the learning needs of pupils who require greater support when learning mathematics.
Features of the 5A and 5B coursebooks:
- Simple and clear explanations help pupil learn new concepts more easily.
- Familiar scenarios and interesting daily examples enable pupils to experience the Mathematics that exists in their environment.
- Focus on estimation, rounding off and mental calculation help pupils with calculator use.
- Selected teaching points and questions encourage pupils to develop conceptual understanding before drill-and-practice activities.
- A summary of the key points at the end of each unit helps pupils to recall and remember key ideas.
- Topical reviews provide practice and consolidation of new concepts.
Through hands-on-activities, visual scaffolding and integrated reviews, incorporation the concrete to pictorial to abstract approach, Math Works! offers a meaningful and engaging learning experience, enabling pupils to view Mathematics as an active and relevant subject.
Above extract is adapted from the back cover of Math Works! 5 coursebook.
Components of Math Works! 5:
- Coursebooks 5A and 5B (A for first semester, B for second semester)
- Activity Books 5A part 1, 5A part 2, 5B part 1, 5B part 2
- Teacher’s Guides 5A and 5B.
Answers to the problems are found only in the Teacher’s Guides; there are no answers in the coursebooks.
This series can be used for students who struggle with Primary Mathematics or who need easier problems and more re-teaching and review of concepts covered at earlier levels of Primary Mathematics.
Note: This series has not been adapted for the U.S. and so has British spelling and conventions and does not include U.S. standard measurement units. This second edition is based on Singapore’s 2007 syllabus which now permits the use of the calculator, and this level includes extensive use of the calculator. Students are told to use a calculator for addition and subtraction of 4-digit numbers. They are not taught how to multiply or divide by a 2-digit number at this level and are instead instructed to use the calculator for these types of calculations. Some topics in the Primary Mathematics series are not covered. Please see the table of contents for information on what topics are covered.
Math Works 5B Coursebook
- Decimals: Place Value
- Decimals: Conversion of Measures
Length in Metres and Centimetres
Length in Kilometres and Metres
Mass in Kilograms and Grams
Volume in Litres and Millilitres
- Decimals: Addition and Subtraction
- Fractions: Multiplication
Product of a Fraction and a Whole Number
Product of Fractions
- Word Problems
Addition and Subtraction
Multiplication and Division
- Revision C
Hours and Minutes
Word Problems: 12-hour Clock
Addition and Subtraction of Time
The 24-hour Clock
Word Problems: 24-hour Clock
- Perimeter, Area and Volume
Drawing Cubes and Cuboids
- Table and Graphs
- Revision D
All copyrights reserved by Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd.